Knowledge is everything, isn’t it?
The development of your new Knowledge Base is now live.
Hopefully, it helps cut through the clutter your brain has been filled with by your accountant, or the confusion found on HMRC’s website!
We’ve kept it direct and straightforward, providing you with answers to only questions that concern self-employed professional drivers.
Unsure about things like: –
- Expenses you can claim and thing’s you can’t
- The difference between mileage allowance and actual costs
- Income from employment and pensions
- Best practices
- How to register as self-employed with HMRC
- How to find your Unique Tax Reference (UTR)
- Register for online services
- Requesting an activation code
- Making Tax Digital – predicted filing dates for next year
- Dates & deadlines – to help you avoid late submission penalties…
In the knowledge base, you will find short answers and jargon-free explanations to the above are all there – and a lot more besides.
If you’re new to the driver’s tax app or you’ve subscribed but not yet started using the app, you might find the “Getting Started” topic really useful.
Remember, you don’t need to do your own tax return – this is a done-for-you product.
Once your account is set-up, you only need to enter your income and expenses and when it’s time to file your tax return, hit the submit button.
The app gives you notifications when it’s getting close to submission dates.
We know from the feedback drivers have shared with us; they thought the app would be more complicated than described.
They were sceptical at first.
Which is understandable since accountants won’t tell you how simple your accounts are to compile.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed ruler is king!
The app software only achieved “HMRC recognised” status because it’s accurate, and it works.
You can check out the knowledge base with this link.